A Knowledgeable Child is a Safe Child.
Be Responsible Enroll Your Child in Driver Training Today.
Driver Training will be held on Nov 16th, 2019.
The OFSC's driver training course has trained over 210,000 students since its inception in 1976. Under the authority of the motorized snow vehicle act, the Ministry of Transportation has authorized the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs as agents to issue Motorized Snow Vehicle Operator's licences. Administered by the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs and Approved by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation.
Persons age 16 years and over that hold a valid Ontario Driver's Licence, including classes G1, G2, M1 or M2, or a Motorized Snow Vehicle Operator's Licence may operate a snowmobile on available OFSC snowmobile trails. Persons age 12-16 require a Motorized Snow Vehicle Operator's Licence.
Here's what you need to know to enroll:
- OFSC Driver Training Course dates will be set between October and April of each year.
- Student MUST be 12 years old on or before the day of the course.
- Students must present a valid form of identification at registration. (Birth Certificate or Photo Health Card)
- Cost is $40.00 per course/per student (includes all required course material)
- Driver Training instructors are MTO certified, community based volunteers.
- Courses are in-class only (NO operation of a snowmobile during class).
- Registration opens at 8:30am
- Course starts at 9:00am
- Course is approximately 7 hours
- Lunch will be supplied by the Lennox & Addington Ridgerunners. (Please report any allergies at pre- registration 2 weeks before the training date.)
- Graduates receive a Motorized Snow Vehicle Operator's Licence.
Simply fill out This Form online to pre-register your child.
Pre register any time by clicking the link above. Class size is limited to 25, please register early to avoid disappointment.
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: Chris Hammer: 613-572-4974
Location: Lennox and Addington Club house - located at 38 Siding St. Yarker Ontario, K0K 3N0.
If your child has a learning disability or needs to be accommodated, the instructors will be happy to assist during the course or the test. A separate area can be set up for those needing a quiet place for the test. Please contact the instructor prior to the course.